Alexis Jones is truly magnetic. We were thrilled to have her host a discussion about the benefits and challenges of being a female entrepreneur and how she is focused on inspiring and supporting women everywhere through her organization, I AM THAT GIRL.
It was great to see such a strong, accomplished group of women talking about how we can do a better job elevating and educating each other. This conversation was a great reminder about the importance of substance – from the media we consume to our personal and work relationships – having the confidence to demand quality is incredibly important for both men and women.
Here are a few quotes:
- “If you want to know what really matters to you, print out your bank statement.”
- “At the end of the day, are we taking about substantial things, things that matter?”
- “Where we are wealthy is we are wealthy in love, and you can’t put a price on that.”
- “You are living a life of consumption, not of contribution.” – Alexis’ Mom at a pivotal turning point in her life.
- “Youth are consuming over 10 hours of media per day on average.”
- “When you make a girl not feel so alone she feels better about herself. And when you inspire her to make a difference in the world, her problems diminish.”
- “Recognize that with every dollar you spend, you’re agreeing with something.”
Many thanks to Alexis and all of the awesome folks who joined us during her Salon, we’ll be looking out for all the great work coming out of I AM THAT GIRL.